Home > GES
03 Apr 2018
Private Education Institution Graduate Employment Survey 2016/17
The Committee for Private Education (CPE) conducts an annual Private Education Institution (PEI) Graduate Employment Survey (GES) for graduates from full-time bachelor’s level External Degree Programmes (EDPs) in Singapore, to survey the employment outcomes of fresh PEI graduates. The PEI GES aims to help prospective students make informed decisions on their education choices. It is mandatory for all PEIs offering EDPs to participate in the survey. Similar surveys have been conducted for graduates of Autonomous Universities, polytechnics and the Institute of Technical Education. To find out more about PEI GES 2016/17, please refer to our press release.
TABLE 1: INSTITUTIONAL RESULTS (2016/17 COHORT)
|GES Employment Rates2 and Salaries of Fresh PEI Graduates from Full-Time PEI Degree Programmes||Response Rates6||No. of Fresh PEI Degree Graduate Respondents*|
|Median Gross Monthly
|1||CURTIN EDUCATION CENTRE||81.1%||56.8%||$2,800||22%||37|
|2||NGEE ANN ACADEMY#||84.0%||56.0%||$2,775
|3||SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT||82.5%||49.5%||$2,700||44%||1,753|
|6||KAPLAN HIGHER EDUCATION ACADEMY||75.4%||43.9%||$2,500||31%||362|
|7||MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE OF SINGAPORE||64.4%||41.1%||$2,675||30%||73|
|8||JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY||72.7%||30.9%||$2,500||33%||55|
|10||RAFFLES COLLEGE OF HIGHER EDUCATION||50.0%||30.0%||$2,200||16%||20|
|11||AIR TRANSPORT TRAINING COLLEGE||44.4%||22.2%||$2,500||66%||18|
Notes to Table 1:
* Results of PEIs based on a small sample size of fewer than 30 full-time fresh PEI degree graduates may not be representative of the institution’s graduate employment outcomes. Users should exercise caution in interpreting the data.
# This PEI was formerly known as Ngee-Ann Adelaide Education Centre.
- Fresh graduates are defined as those who did not have full-time permanent work experience.
- The employment rates refer to the number of graduates employed as a proportion of graduates in the labour force (i.e. those who were working, or not working but actively looking and available for work) around six months after completing their final examinations.
- Overall employment includes all types of full-time, part-time, temporary and freelance employment.
- Full-time permanent employment refers to employment of at least 35 hours a week and where the employment is not temporary. It includes those on contracts of one year or more.
- Gross monthly salary pertains only to full-time permanently employed graduates. It comprises the basic salary, fixed allowances, over-time pay and commissions, before deductions of the employee’s CPF contributions and personal income tax. Employer’s CPF contributions, bonuses, stock options, other lump sum payments, and payments-in-kind are excluded.
- Response rate refers to the percentage of graduates from full-time EDPs in PEIs who responded to the survey.
TABLE 2: INSTITUTIONS WITH INSUFFICIENT FRESH GRADUATE RESPONSES (2016/17 COHORT)
These institutions do not have GES results as they had insufficient fresh graduate responses from the cohort which was surveyed.
|PEIs with fewer than 10 Fresh Graduate Respondents|
AMITY GLOBAL INSTITUTE
AUSTON INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
BEACON INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
BMC INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
DIMENSIONS INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
EAST ASIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
FIRST MEDIA DESIGN SCHOOL
ITC SCHOOL OF LAWS
NANYANG INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
PARKWAY COLLEGE OF NURSING AND ALLIED HEALTH
SAA GLOBAL EDUCATION CENTRE
SINGAPORE COLLEGE OF TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE
SINGAPORE RAFFLES MUSIC COLLEGE
SMF INSTITUTE OF HIGHER LEARNING^
TEG INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE