Terms and Conditions of Use
1. This Council for Private Education website (“this Website”) is owned and operated by the Council for Private Education, Singapore (hereinafter "CPE").
2. By accessing this Website, you shall be deemed to have unconditionally accepted to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”). If you do not accept any of these Terms, please do not use this Website and exit immediately. You may continue only if you accept these Terms.
3. In these Terms, the words “we,” “our” and “us” refer to CPE.
4. CPE reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time at its sole discretion. Your use of this Website after such changes have been posted will constitute your agreement to any modified Terms. All references in this Website to "Terms" shall mean these Terms and Conditions of Use as amended from time to time and posted on this Website. You should therefore read this page carefully each time you visit this Website.
Access to this Website
5. The accessibility and operation of this Website relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of this Website.
6. The materials located on this Website (hereinafter “Contents”), including but not limited to information, text, graphics, images, music, sound recordings, scripts, software programs, technology, designs, data compilations and other works, are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of intellectual property rights. All title to and rights and interest in the Contents are owned by or licensed to CPE.
Restrictions on Use
7. You may access and use this Website and the Contents in the manner permitted in these Terms only. Any use of the Contents otherwise than in accordance with these Terms is a violation of intellectual property rights subsisting in the Contents owned by CPE or other rights of CPE.
8. You may view, download and print the Contents for your personal and non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices.
9. You must NOT make or attempt to make any deletions, additions, adjustments, alterations, adaptations or modifications to this Website or any of the Contents. You acknowledge and agree that any deletion, addition, adjustment, alteration, adaptation or modification of this Website or any of the Contents is a violation of intellectual property rights subsisting therein owned by CPE.
10. Except as expressly permitted by these Terms, you must not reproduce, publish, upload, post, display, transmit or otherwise distribute this Website or any of the Contents in any manner or in any form, without the prior written permission of CPE.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
11. The Contents of this Website are provided on an "as is" basis. While CPE has made every reasonable effort to ensure that the information contained in this Website has been obtained from reliable sources, CPE is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. The Contents on this Website do not constitute professional advice. If professional advice is required, services of a competent professional should be sought.
12. CPE does not make any representations or warranties whatsoever and hereby disclaims any warranty to you or any third party, whether arising from usage or custom or trade or by operation of law or otherwise, including but not limited to the following:
a. any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, timeliness, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Website; and
b. any representations or warranties that the Contents and functions available on or through this Website shall be error-free or shall be available without interruption or delay, or that any defects on this Website shall be rectified or corrected, or that this Website, the Contents and the hosting servers are and will be free of all viruses and other harmful elements
13. CPE shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind, howsoever caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of this Website, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents contained in or available from this Website.
Right of Access
14. CPE reserves the right to update or modify this Website from time to time. CPE further reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Website, at any time, without prior notice and/or ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites
15. This Website contains hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained nor controlled by CPE. CPE shall not be responsible for the content of any hyperlinked website or any hyperlink contained in a hyperlinked website, and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such hyperlinked websites are entirely at your own risk.
16. All hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience and may be removed or replaced by CPE at its absolute discretion. In no circumstances shall CPE be considered to be associated or affiliated in any manner whatsoever with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Website is hyperlinked.
Hyperlinks to this Website from Third Party Sites
17. You must not frame this Website or any part thereof or any of the Contents, nor create hyperlinks to any page or frame of this Website or any of the Contents, without the prior written permission of CPE. CPE reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Website or any of the Contents.
18. By framing or creating hyperlinks to this Website or any of the Contents, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by, these Terms as modified from time to time. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must immediately remove all frames of, and hyperlinks to, this Website or any of the Contents.
19. In no circumstances shall CPE be considered to be associated or affiliated in any manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that link to this Website or any of the Contents.
20. CPE reserves all rights to remove or disable any hyperlinks to or any frames of this Website or the Contents, if those hyperlinks or frames are on websites containing material or information which, in the opinion of CPE, is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable, or violates any written law or is otherwise unlawful, or is an infringement of intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
21. CPE reserves the right to remove or disable any unauthorised hyperlinks to or any unauthorised frames of this Website or the Contents, appearing on any other website, and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other website reached by links to or from this Website or any of the Contents.
22. These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with laws of Singapore.