Review of EduTrust Certification Results
The EduTrust Review process has been established to provide PEIs with an independent avenue to seek redress, if they feel aggrieved by the CPE’s decision on the non-award or award type of their EduTrust certification.
EduTrust Review Panel
The review will be conducted by an independent EduTrust Review Panel comprising the following members with extensive experience in quality assurance processes.
|Chairman :||Mr Lim Theam Siew
Assistant Chief Executive,
Organisational Resources & Resilience
National Library Board
|Members :||Ms Tong Shuh Lan
Director, Business Leadership
Mr Edward Quah Kok Wah
Former Deputy Principal of Administration
The EduTrust Review Panel will consider both the PEI’s justifications for review and the original assessment team’s responses to those justifications (which will also be made available to the PEI requesting the review). After deliberating on the validity of the PEI’s request, the Panel may
- dismiss the PEI’s request for review if it is of the view that the PEI’s case is frivolous; or
- recommend a full re-assessment to be conducted with a new assessment team comprising members who were not involved in the original/previous assessment.
The Panel’s decision shall be final. Should a re-assessment be conducted, the results of the re-assessment shall supersede the results of the original assessment, and is not subjected to further review.
Grounds for Review
The request for review must be made on the grounds that the:
- assessment team assigned by the CPE had failed to adhere to proper procedures in carrying out its duties; and/or
- areas for improvement identified, and the results given, by the assessment team are manifestly different from the supporting evidence presented by the PEI for the purpose of its EduTrust certification application.
General Procedure for Submitting a Request for Review
A PEI has 14 calendar days from the date of the CPE’s official notification of its EduTrust certification results to submit its request for review. The request should be made using the official Request for Review form, and accompanied by a crossed cheque made payable to “The Council for Private Education”, covering the amount of the applicable review fees. Please do not submit cash payment.
The PEI may send the scanned copy of the Request for Review form by email to CPE_ERP@cpe.gov.sg. However, the original copy of the form signed by the PEI’s manager(s), and the cheque payment for the review fees have to reach the Secretariat of the EduTrust Review Panel at the following address within the next seven calendar days:
EduTrust Review Panel
c/o The Council for Private Education
2 Bukit Merah Central, #01-05
The PEI will have another 14 calendar days after submitting the Request for Review, i.e., up to 28 calendar days from the date of the CPE’s official notification of its EduTrust certification results, within which to submit the following to the Secretariat of the EduTrust Review Panel:
- Cover note signed by the manager(s) listing all documents submitted, including the representation from PEI;
- Representation explaining the instances, in the PEI’s opinion, that the assessment team had not adhered to procedures and/or had failed to consider information provided;
- Documentation and/or other evidence to substantiate the above claims; any other information deemed relevant by the PEI to justify or support its request for review.
The EduTrust Review Panel will revert, through its Secretariat, whether the request from the PEI has been accepted for review within 14 calendar days from the date of the Secretariat’s acknowledgement of receipt of the PEI’s submission of its representation and substantiating evidence. PEIs should note that once the request for review has been accepted by the EduTrust Review Panel, the review fees will not be refunded even if the PEI withdraws its request subsequently.
EduTrust Review Rules
PEIs are advised to read the EduTrust Review Rules carefully before submitting their requests for review.
The EduTrust Review Panel reserves the right to reject a PEI’s request for review if the request is not received within 14 calendar days from the date of the CPE’s official notification of its EduTrust certification results, and/or if the PEI fails to pay the applicable review fees or does not provide evidence to substantiate its representation within the stipulated timeframe.
The timeframe to review each PEI’s request will vary according to its complexity. Approximately, the timeframe may range from eight to 16 weeks from the PEI’s submission of the Request for Review.